Posted to commits@spamassassin.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/02/11 18:22:55 UTC

[Spamassassin Wiki] Update of "SaUpdateMirrorSetup" by KevinMcGrail

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Spamassassin Wiki" for change notification.

The "SaUpdateMirrorSetup" page has been changed by KevinMcGrail:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SaUpdateMirrorSetup

Comment:
Creating docs for adding an SA-Update Mirror

New page:
= Setting up an SA Update Mirror =

A mirror for sa-update requires very little to work to setup:

 * The ASF SpamAssassin PMC approves the mirror which is vetted for stability, security and proven support for the anti-spam community.

 * The mirror sets up a webserver: We recommend the convention of sa-update.<domain> such as sa-update.pccc.com

 * All of the files for the webserver are static so the mirror I run uses what we call a "light-weight" Apache httpd server using very minimal modules.  With Apache httpd 2.2, this is just authz_host_module, log_config_module, mime_module & dir_module.

 * Setup a cron job that updates the mirror via rsync every 10 minutes:

  For example, this command updates a published html directory in /htdocs

  /usr/bin/rsync --timeout=280 -T /tmp -ta --delete rsync.spamassassin.org::updates /usr/local/apach2/htdocs/sa-update.<domain>/html > /dev/null 2>&1

 * The PMC tests the mirror and updates the MIRRORED.BY file to let sa-update clients start using the mirror.