Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gia Hieu Dinh <gi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/10 15:06:32 UTC

Graphics2D problems with Tomcat 5.5.23 on Windows machine

Hi,
I encounter a problem with Image Resize on Apache Tomcat 5.5.23. I have
Tomcat installed on Windows machine, but whenever I call some
function/method/declaration from java.awt (i.e.
BufferedImage.createGraphics) it raises the following problem:

Exception in thread "Image Fetcher 0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
jpeg in java.library.path
        at
sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
        at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.<clinit>(JPEGImageDecoder.java:39)
        at
sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.getDecoder(InputStreamImageSource.java:214)
        at
sun.awt.image.ByteArrayImageSource.getDecoder(ByteArrayImageSource.java:41)
        at
sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:240)
        at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:172)
        at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:136)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sun.awt.FontConfiguration.getVersion(FontConfiguration.java:1173)
        at
sun.awt.FontConfiguration.readFontConfigFile(FontConfiguration.java:146)
        at sun.awt.FontConfiguration.<init>(FontConfiguration.java:71)
        at
sun.awt.windows.WFontConfiguration.<init>(WFontConfiguration.java:23)
        at
sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.createFontConfiguration(Win32GraphicsEnvironment.java:256)
        at
sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment$1.run(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:197)
        at
sun.java2d.SunGraphicsEnvironment.<init>(SunGraphicsEnvironment.java:105)
        at
sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment.<init>(Win32GraphicsEnvironment.java:70)
Method)
        at
        at
        at
java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:68)
        at
java.awt.image.BufferedImage.createGraphics(BufferedImage.java:1135)
        at
org.apache.axis2.handler.module.imageProcessor.ImageProcessorHandler.invoke(ImageProcessorHandler.java:93)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:382)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:522)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:655)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.java:48)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:497)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:328)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:254)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

As I understand, they cannot get the localGraphicsEnvironment. I try to set
java.awt.headless = true, but the exception is raised even before they check
for java.awt.headless.
Could you please help me figure out this exception. I try to ask many forums
but it's no help at all.
Thank you so much.
Harry

RE: Graphics2D problems with Tomcat 5.5.23 on Windows machine

Posted by Gia Hieu Dinh <gi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Charles,
I think I might get it work OK by change to another JVM (1.5.09). Probably
the incompatible version of JVM.
You save me a lot of work.
Thank you so much.
Harry

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Gia Hieu Dinh [mailto:giahieu2710@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Graphics2D problems with Tomcat 5.5.23 on Windows machine
>
> Exception in thread "Image Fetcher 0"
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jpeg in java.library.path
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
>         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
>         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
>         at
> sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50)
>         at
> sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.<clinit>(JPEGImageDecoder.java:39)

What JVM are you using?  Have you changed the java.library.path system
property?

There should be a jpeg.dll file in your jre\bin directory.  You may have
a corrupted JVM installation and may need to reinstall it.  (Note that
this has nothing to do with being headless - graphics manipulation is
always available.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: Graphics2D problems with Tomcat 5.5.23 on Windows machine

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
The stack doesn't indicate this to be a graphics environment problem.
Further, it looks like from the stack that you are on a Windows
environment where there should always be a graphics environemt.  It does
indicate it can't load a file or library.  What version of Java do you have?

--David