Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Nilesh Chauhan <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/30 06:36:37 UTC

Example+request

Hi,

I am looking for some hint or possibly an example on exposing EJB3 as
IIOP/CORBA compliant and accessing the EJB3 with IIOP/CORBA client.

Our current application is designed as such that it’s EJBs(EJB3) are
exposed to IIOP client and all our WEB and standalone clients are using
those EJBs using IIOP/CORBA clients.

As Glassfish fully supports that, we are using the same as our application
server but as there are no commercial support from Oracle from next
versions; we are looking for suitable candidate for replacement of
Glassfish.

Any inputs or help on the same will leads to us in deciding to select Tomee
as the suitable candidate for our applications server in place of Glassfish.

Thanks,

Nilesh Chauhan

Re: Example+request

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nilesh,

The documentation has some corba pointers in tomee.xml like the corba
resource:

<Resource id="Foo" type="org.omg.CORBA.ORB"></Resource>

but the EJB are not exposed through corba in the recent versions. Is
switching to ejbd protocol an option? It is the protocol used by default by
tomee for remote ejbs.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Re: Example+request

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Where is your project and what is the state of your impl - trying to get
concrete inputs from you since i think you got the answer and you just ask
us to do your work there and ignore people not doing it.

Re: Example+request

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nilesh,

Contributions are welcomed and we can add an optional corba module if it
has enough tests which is probably the best compromise for you and other
users.

Re: Example+request

Posted by Nilesh Chauhan <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh Chauhan

Re: Example+request

Posted by Nilesh Chauhan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Dear David,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh Chauhan

Re: Example+request

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Example+request

Posted by Nilesh Chauhan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Dear All,

--
Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh Chauhan

Re: Example+request

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Example+request

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Nilesh,

I too would like to know exactly what you need from the ejb remote protocol.  I think I did the majority of the work getting CORBA to work in Geronimo, and I’m almost a CORBA fan :-)  It’s very hard to get IIOP transport to work and even harder to keep it working :-).  (for instance there are a bunch of java language features that need support added to Yoko to work with ee7)  We never implemented actual distributed transactions, just the support for throwing an exception when you tried to do something that actually required transmitting the existence of a transaction from one orb to another.

csiv2 security is (IMO) pretty amazing and wonderful, but I haven’t really found anyone who understands what it does and uses it effectively.  If you actually need the capabilities it offers it would be much easier to extend the tomee ejbd protocol than integrate IIOP.

thanks
david jencks

Re: Example+request

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.