Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/20 09:57:02 UTC

new IBM book: Using WASCE 2.1

There is a hot new (18 Februar 2009) book at IBM redbooks:

Using WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 2.1

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/sg247639.html

Thanks to the redbook team for great Geronimo documentation.

Juergen

Re: new IBM book: Using WASCE 2.1

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
" there is code that examines the class using reflection and adds all
the operations. "

Can you point out where is the code you mentioned so that we can add
it to the GBean introduction topic ?

--
Shawn

Re: new IBM book: Using WASCE 2.1

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: new IBM book: Using WASCE 2.1

Posted by Ying Tang <yi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I will draft a GBean
annotations<http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/gbean-annotations.html>
page under GBeans <http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/gbeans.html> in
Geronimo 2.2 docs, starting from what we have in Geronimo DEV.

Best  Regards,

Ying Tang

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Does anyone known how to define the GBean method in annotation way of
geronimo 2.2 ?

I could not find any info about this in:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/gbean-annotations.html

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Ying Tang <yi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Juergen,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.  I made some changes  and added a "GBean
> methods" section:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-and-deploying-a-geronimo-gbean.html
>
> Any comment  is appreciated.
>

> Best  Wishes,
>
> Sophia
>

> 2009/3/5 Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Hi Sophia,
>>
>> I'd suggest you also write (the for me formerly non-obvious points ;-):
>>
>> - a gbean consists of classes in a jar + plan
>> - you deploy both
>> - infoFactory.addAttribute("port"  relates to <attribute name="port">
>> - infoFactory.addOperation names the user methods you can call
>> - how do you call an operation?
>>  ->
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/How-do-you-access-a-GBean-via-JNDI--td21621410s134.html#a21621410
>> - how do you put a GBean into JNDI
>>  ->
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/How-do-you-access-a-GBean-via-JNDI--td21621410s134.html#a21621410
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Juergen
>>

>> Sophia Tang wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks Radim for your suggestion.
>> >
>> > A  topic named "Developing and Deploying a Geronimo
>> >
>> > GBea<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Developing+and+Deploying+a+Geronimo+GBean>n
>> > " has been added to the
>> >
>> > reference<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Reference>section
>> > in Geronimo 2.2 documentation wiki:
>> >

>> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Developing+and+Deploying+a+Geronimo+GBean
>> >

>> > Any of your comments is welcome.
>> >

>> > Best Regards,
>> >

>> > Ying Tang
>>

>> --

Shawn

Re: new IBM book: Using WASCE 2.1

Posted by Ying Tang <yi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Juergen,

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sophia,

Posted by Ying Tang <yi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Worked for me just took a bit longer to load.

Lin

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <wg...@gmail.com>.