Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stephen <st...@rogers.com> on 2006/06/30 17:01:47 UTC

[users@httpd] .htacsess Hotlinking rewriting a new image - Can it be delayed?

After noticing some leechers were hot linking to images on one of my web
sites I added a rewrite rule to an image of a very small penis.

I received a rather nasty email, which I enjoyed very much.

Now, I am wondering if there is any way to make the rewrite deferred for
a while. So the leech can set it up, think it works, and be surprised at
a later time?

Using PHP, perhaps?

Thanks
Stephen

Re: [users@httpd] .htacsess Hotlinking rewriting a new image - Can it be delayed?

Posted by Bill Jones <te...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/06, Stephen <st...@rogers.com> wrote:
> Now, I am wondering if there is any way to make the rewrite deferred for
> a while. So the leech can set it up, think it works, and be surprised at
> a later time?
>
> Using PHP, perhaps?

You can play a series of http-equiv and 301/302 games but that is childish...
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/