Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jérôme Etévé <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/24 18:57:20 UTC

Collection distribution in a multicore environment

Hi fellow Solr fans,

  I'm setting up some collection distribution along with multicore
solr . I'm using version 1.3

  I have no problem with the snapshooter, since this can be set within
each core in solrconfig.xml.

  My question is more about the rsyncd .
  The rsyncd-start creates a rsyncd.conf in the conf directory
relative to where it lies , so what I did is  copying bin/rsynd-start
in each core directory:

  solr/
     core1/
         bin/
            rsyncd-start
         conf/
            rsyncd.conf
     core2/
         - same thing -

 Then for each core, I launch a rsyncd :
   /../solr/core1/bin/rsyncd-start -p 18080 -d /../solr/core1/data/

 This way, it can be stopped properly when I use (rsyncd-stop grabs
the data from the conf/rsyncd.conf of the containing core).
  /../solr/core1/bin/rsyncd-stop

 The problem is I'm not very confortable with having one running
deamon per core (each on a different port), plus a copy of each script
inside each core.

 Is there any better way to set this up ?

 Cheers !!

 Jerome Eteve.

--
Jerome Eteve.

Chat with me live at http://www.eteve.net

jerome@eteve.net

Re: Collection distribution in a multicore environment

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
here are the details of the new replication
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication

--
--Noble Paul

Re: Collection distribution in a multicore environment

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.