Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2010/10/27 16:34:55 UTC

ATS sysctl's for Linux

  Hi all,

I've put together a file with some sysctl configs that I think could be
useful for many ATS installations. These would be added to
/etc/sysctl.conf, and then reboot the box. If you have feedback on these
settings, please post a reply, I'm hoping we can create a little wiki
page or docs addition with some reasonable recommendations for tuning
the kernel for ATS.

Cheers,

-- Leif

http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/ats/sysctls.linux

Re: ATS sysctl's for Linux

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
  On 10/28/2010 10:49 AM, John Plevyak wrote:

> Leif,
>
> I have had problems on systems with large mmap'd anonymous dirty regions.
> The problem is that linux wants to sync those when they go beyond a
> certain
> percentage of all memory.  I have had to change:

Awesome, added to my file.