Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/08 22:46:52 UTC

selecting an open-source JMS implementation

Hi
I have assumed so far that ActiveMQ is a JMS implementation just like
WebSphere MQ. Is that necessarily true?
Where I work, I have been assigned the task of implementing a simple JMS
application implementing queues and a recipient list. If I need to achieve
this, I want to build this using an opn-source product.
Does ActiveMQ fit the bill or is there another open-source JMS
implementation I should be considering?

Eventually I need to provide a stronger implementation based on WebSphere MQ
or WebLogic MQ or whatever.

Please advise
thanks

Re: selecting an open-source JMS implementation

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM, ilango_g <il...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have assumed so far that ActiveMQ is a JMS implementation just like
> WebSphere MQ. Is that necessarily true?

Yes, ActiveMQ implements the JMS 1.1 spec.

> Where I work, I have been assigned the task of implementing a simple JMS
> application implementing queues and a recipient list. If I need to achieve
> this, I want to build this using an opn-source product.
> Does ActiveMQ fit the bill or is there another open-source JMS
> implementation I should be considering?

You should consider using Apache Camel with ActiveMQ to route messages
using the enterprise integration patterns (EIPs) including the
recipient list:

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/recipient-list.html

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: selecting an open-source JMS implementation

Posted by "florin.g" <fl...@bytenotes.com>.
Yes it is. Just start using it.