Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "C. Benson Manica" <at...@sdf.lonestar.org> on 2006/09/28 18:06:06 UTC

Disable persistence

(I've read the FAQ, and I'm still lost...)

I've been trying to figure out how ActiveMQ works, and in the process
somehow I managed to enqueue several thousand messages.  I would like
to delete all those messages and start over from scratch, but I'm
having trouble figuring out how.  I figured that if I deleted the
dataDirectory for the persistenceAdapter that I would be fine, but
when I start the broker and connect to it I get flooded with all the
messages - i.e., deleting the persistence directory didn't work.  I
even commented out the persistence adapter code altogether, and I'm
not starting any process or thread that produces messages, either, so
I don't know where all the messages I'm getting could be coming from.
Do they get stored somewhere other than the dataDirectory?

--
C. Benson Manica
ataru(at)sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Disable persistence

Posted by "C. Benson Manica" <at...@sdf.lonestar.org>.
Hi James, that was the resource I was referring to - as I said, I
completely deleted the data directory, but the persisted data is still
coming from somewhere.  I looked at the resource you supplied, but it
isn't at all clear how one links in the VMPersistenceAdapter, or how
to set usePersistence to false.  If you could provide an example of
how to do either of these things, that would be great.  Thanks!

--
C. Benson Manica
ataru(at)sdf.lonestar.org

Re: Disable persistence