Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com> on 2013/10/19 02:44:07 UTC

Can't compile trunk

Hi,

Compiling trunk now fails with this error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project oozie-hadoop: Could not resolve
dependencies for project
org.apache.oozie:oozie-hadoop:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.oozie-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find org.apache.hadoop:hadoop-client:jar:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT in
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots was cached in the
local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of apache.snapshots.repo has elapsed or updates are forced ->
[Help 1]

It looks like the hadoop-client 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT jar is missing from here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-client/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/

That happens even when you try to compile against Hadoop 1 because it still
tries to download the Hadoop 2 jars.

In light of this, I think we should switch to Hadoop 2.2.0 (GA) for the
"hadoop-2" profile.  I already have a patch up on
OOZIE-1551<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-1551>;
there's a trivial test failure with the SharelibService and all of the Pig
tests are failing for some reason.  I think it makes the most sense to push
this in and then file JIRAs to fix the failing tests.

Thoughts?

thanks
- Robert