Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by aaron ai <ya...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/10 03:24:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release gRPC Client for Apache RocketMQ 5.0.0

Hi all,

The Apache RocketMQ team would like to announce the release of Apache
RocketMQ gRPC Client 5.0.0.

Apache RocketMQ clients 5.x series follow the specs of rocketmq-apis
<https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-apis>, and are built on top of Protocol
Buffer and gRPC.

The release artifacts can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/rocketmq/rocketmq-clients/

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-clients/releases/tag/rocketmq-client-java-5.0.0
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-clients/releases/tag/cpp-5.0.0

Thanks,
The Apache RocketMQ Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release gRPC Client for Apache RocketMQ 5.0.0

Posted by Zhanhui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, we finally reach this milestone!

I am suggesting C/C++ users to try this new C++ SDK in that

1. It's designed and implemented from scratch, memory safety is prioritized
and guaranteed with address sanitizer, thread safety is ensured by thread
sanitizer (https://clang.llvm.org/docs/ThreadSanitizer.html),  in addition
to unit tests;
2. For the first time, RocketMQ C++ Client SDK builds, works and formally
tested on Windows, Linux and Mac;
3. It's verified working on CPUs with instruction set of x86, amd64 and ARM;
4. We support build tools Modern CMake and Bazel. Build your own binary, be
it static and shared.

Posted by Zhanhui Li <li...@gmail.com>.