Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Michael C. Clark" <me...@michaelcclark.com> on 2003/06/13 18:55:59 UTC

logic:iterate ActionForm array

I'm trying to populate a multibox from an array that lives in my
ActionForm (like the example in Ted's book p. 298).  I keep getting a
NullPointerException when the logic:iterate tag trys to read the
String array property from the ActionForm.

If I create the String array in the JSP and set it to the
PageContext, all works fine.  Seems I should easily be able to call
it from the ActionForm though...it's just a bean after all.

In the JSP I'm using

<logic:iterate id="name" property="names">
</logic:iterate>

Where "names" is the String array in the ActionForm.

Thanks,
Mike Clark

Re: logic:iterate ActionForm array

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
It works fine for the taglib test suite.  Can you post your action code
(where you setup the array and store it in the request/session)?

You ARE using a defined form on the page right?

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist