Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/16 11:00:08 UTC

Problem building sslconnector.so for qpid c++ client

Hi all,

I want to test an SSL connection from the C++ client to the Java Broker but
I am unable to create the SSL connector for the C++ client. I am working
from source and following instructions from cpp/INSTALL.

Env: Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)
Trunk
All dependencies yum installed (including nss-devel nspr-devel)

#mkdir BLD
#cd BLD
#cmake ..
#make all

(build output appears clean)

Then I try and run the messaging example:

 ./hello_world 192.168.1.6:5671 'hello-world ; { create: always }'
 '{username:guest,password:guest,protocol:ssl}'
2014-11-14 06:46:25 [Unspecified] debug Config file not read:
/usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidc.conf
2014-11-14 06:46:25 [Unspecified] debug Config file not read:
/usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidc.conf
Unsupported protocol: ssl

Programming in Apache Qpid seems to be silent on how to form SSL
connections, but I have seen instructions in posts about setting
QPID_LOAD_MODULE to src/.libs/sslconnector.so but it appears that my build
hasn't generated the .so.

It looks my build is creating the .o, but the sslconnector.so seems to be
absent.

# find ./BLD -type f | grep -i SslConnector
./src/CMakeFiles/qpidclient.dir/qpid/client/SslConnector.cpp.o
# find . -name ".*" -ls
<nothing>

# cmake -LAH | grep SSL

BUILD_ACL:BOOL=ON
BUILD_AMQP:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_BINDING_DOTNET:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_BINDING_PYTHON:BOOL=ON
BUILD_DOCS:BOOL=ON
BUILD_HA:BOOL=ON
BUILD_LEGACYSTORE:BOOL=ON
BUILD_LINEARSTORE:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_MSCLFS:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_MSSQL:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_RDMA:BOOL=OFF
BUILD_SASL:BOOL=ON
BUILD_SSL:BOOL=ON
BUILD_TESTING:BOOL=ON
BUILD_XML:BOOL=OFF
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=RelWithDebInfo

What am I doing wrong?

cheers, Keith.

Re: Problem building sslconnector.so for qpid c++ client

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
On 17 November 2014 09:09, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/16/2014 10:00 AM, Keith W wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to test an SSL connection from the C++ client to the Java Broker
>> but
>> I am unable to create the SSL connector for the C++ client. I am working
>> from source and following instructions from cpp/INSTALL.
>>
>> Env: Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)
>> Trunk
>> All dependencies yum installed (including nss-devel nspr-devel)
>>
>> #mkdir BLD
>> #cd BLD
>> #cmake ..
>> #make all
>>
>> (build output appears clean)
>>
>> Then I try and run the messaging example:
>>
>>   ./hello_world 192.168.1.6:5671 'hello-world ; { create: always }'
>>   '{username:guest,password:guest,protocol:ssl}'
>> 2014-11-14 06:46:25 [Unspecified] debug Config file not read:
>> /usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidc.conf
>> 2014-11-14 06:46:25 [Unspecified] debug Config file not read:
>> /usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidc.conf
>> Unsupported protocol: ssl
>>

> It should be 'transport' instead of 'protocol'. We use 'protocol' to
> choose between amqp1.0 and amqp0-10. Transport is tcp, ssl or if enabled
> rdma.

When I use the correct option, it does indeed work.

>  Programming in Apache Qpid seems to be silent on how to form SSL
>> connections, but I have seen instructions in posts about setting
>> QPID_LOAD_MODULE to src/.libs/sslconnector.so but it appears that my build
>> hasn't generated the .so.
>>

> That is now built into the client library itself rather than being a
> separate module.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.