Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Eli Levine <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/29 20:23:43 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Apache Phoenix committer - Jan Fernando

On behalf of the Apache Phoenix project I am happy to welcome Jan Fernando
as a committer. Jan has been an active user and contributor to Phoenix in
the last couple of years. Some of his major contributions are:
1) Worked deeply in the sequence code including implementing Bulk Sequence
Allocation: PHOENIX-1954 and debugging and fixing several tricky Sequence
Bugs:
    PHOENIX-2149, PHOENIX-1096.
2) Implemented DROP TABLE...CASCADE to support tenant-specific views being
dropped: PHOENIX-1098.
3) Worked closely with Cody and Mujtaba in the design of the interfaces for
Pherf and contributed patches to increase support for tenant-specific use
cases: PHOENIX-1791, PHOENIX-2227 Pioneered creating Pherf scenarios at
Salesforce.
4) Worked closely with Samarth on requirements and API design and
validation for Phoenix global- and query-level metrics:
PHOENIX-1452, PHOENIX-1819 to get better visibility into Phoenix internals.

Look forward to continuing working with Jan on Apache Phoenix!

Thanks,

Eli Levine
elilevine@apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Phoenix committer - Jan Fernando

Posted by Josh Mahonin <jm...@interset.com>.
Congrats Jan. Welcome aboard!

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.
Congrats and welcome!

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Jan.

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com>.
Congrats Jan!

Posted by Dumindu Buddhika <du...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Jan!

Posted by Jan Fernando <jf...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by Jan Fernando <jf...@salesforce.com>.

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Jan!!!

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Jan!!!

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Phoenix committer - Jan Fernando

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Apache Phoenix committer - Jan Fernando

Posted by Cody Marcel <cm...@salesforce.com>.
Sweet! Congrats Jan.

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com>.
Congrats Jan!