Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2006/12/09 15:27:15 UTC

System Requirements

Is it documented anywhere what the minimum ANT version is?  I have
some updates for the clover coverage (via Michael Busch) stuff and I
want to make sure I am not using newer ANT features then we support.
I think it is 1.6.0 right?

In fact, is it safe to say we have the following minimum requirements:
Java 1.4.x
ANT 1.6.0
Junit 3.x (for running tests)

Contrib modules may have other requirements.

Do we have a minimum memory requirement?  Do we claim to support J2ME?

I can find the appropriate place to add these to the docs (probably a
new page System Requirements under the Resources section with links
from Developers and Releases sections)

Thanks,
Grant

--------------------------
Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org

LuceneFAQ

Re: System Requirements

Posted by DM Smith <dm...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 9, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

>   Do we claim to support J2ME?

I don't think so. I think that J2ME is a subset of Java 1.3.
Personally, I'd like to see support for it even if it were a limited
subset of Lucene. Perhaps one that could search a lucene index.

Re: System Requirements

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I would say Ant 1.6.5 is the minimum Ant version.  It's a year and a
half old already, and 1.7RC1 is out now too.  And for JUnit, version
3.8.1 would be my recommended minimum version.

	Erik