Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2002/12/28 17:33:55 UTC

[Vote - v2.1.0 Release] Include File Repository fix

This is a vote to include Serge's repository fix in v2.1.

According to Alice K's survey,
http://infopoll.net/live/surveys.dll/r?sid=19892&r=29845, 46% of our users
use the file system repository.  We have a long standing defect that causes
messages to be effectively orphaned across reboots.  Serge has provided a
fix for that change which consists of new classes and a change to
config.xml.  We have at least one independent user report that the fix
works.  J. Norment initially raised a flag, but discovered that he had a
configuration error, and the fix works for him, too.

I am still uncomfortable with this minimal level of testing, but I feel that
the risk is miminized because a change to config.xml is all that is
necessary to revert the change for a given installation.  Serge please
confirm that I am correct about being able to revert that way.

Based upon the fact that a config.xml change is all that is necessary to
revert to the prior repository implementation, I am +1.

	--- Noel

RE: [Vote - v2.1.0 Release] Include File Repository fix

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
on the same basis,
+1