Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2018/08/02 18:36:34 UTC

New release branch, JIRAs, pull requests

Hi,

As you may have noticed, our release manager, Sean Broeder, has created a new branch, apache/release2.3, for Trafodion release 2.3.

This means that any changes merged into apache/master going forward will be in Trafodion release 2.4.

Therefore for any JIRAs whose pull requests are merged today or going forward into apache/master: you should mark those JIRAs as fixed in 2.4. (Example: This morning I merged PR 1673 (Trafodion 3108) and PR 1671 (Trafodion 3710). The authors of those pull requests should mark the JIRAs as Resolved/Fixed in 2.4.)

For JIRAs that were merged before Sean created the branch (yesterday), mark those JIRAs as fixed in 2.3.

You can still fix things in 2.3 of course by creating your pull request against apache/release2.3. But I imagine Sean will want to limit those to critical issues. Look for a policy statement from Sean on this issue.

Dave

RE: New release branch, JIRAs, pull requests

Posted by Sean Broeder <se...@esgyn.com>.
Yes, Dave is correct.  I was intending to send out notification when I had updated the release version in the master branch, but as I am a new committer I am finding some security/settings/permissions are not quite in place, so I need to work through them as I start setting up the new branches.

You will see now that there is an official Trafodion 2.3 branch and new content to that branch should be restricted whenever possible.

Updates to apache/master now will go into 2.4 and the version and copyright information for that branch has been updated.

Regards,
Sean