Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/27 15:38:24 UTC

Re: [6/11] AutoScale changes in Apache master

Pranav:

A couple of issues:

The commit contained an author statement, this is generally bad form,
and unmaintainable. Moreover, the git log should show who the author
is. (and I just saw a commit fixing that, thanks for taking care of
it.)

But this also suggests that the author isn't you, and I don't recall
having seen this come through as a patch request. We have a processes
for getting code into CloudStack and none of them involve a
non-transparent back channel. This does a disservice to the original
author (people aren't seeing patches from him, which impedes his path
to becoming a committer) as well as casting doubts over the provenance
of the code. All three of the commits appear to have authors that
aren't you, did this code come in as a patch to the mailing list,
reviews.a.o, or the bug tracker?

--David

Posted by Ram Ganesh <Ra...@citrix.com>.
Sure. Will do.

Thanks,
Ram

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ram Ganesh <Ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Garg <de...@citrix.com>.
HI,

Apologies for not sending out an email about the new branch early on.

Here is the wiki link of the FS: http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/DesignDocs/Auto+Scale+Feature
which was discussed a few days before in the ML.

We will be sending the fixes in patches on the ML for review and discussion.

Thanks,
Deepak

Posted by Vijay Venkatachalam <Vi...@citrix.com>.
Hi,