Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Holsman <Ia...@cnet.com> on 2001/09/09 19:15:31 UTC

[proposal] httpd-extras

I was thinking.
that instead of creating all these little sub-projects why not create a
'httpd-extras' one.
it would contain the modules which don't belong in the 'lean&mean' core.
the structure of it would be EXACTLY the same as the standard httpd-2.0.
meaning you could just tar xfz and the modules would go into the same
place as the 'core modules'
it would be easy to roll-up a 'lean' tar ball and a 'full' tar ball
then httpd-proxy, httpd-mbox, httpd-pop, and maybe even 'dav' would go
into 'extras'

..ian
--
Ian Holsman
Performance Measurement & Analysis

Re: [proposal] httpd-extras

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 10:15:31AM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I was thinking.
> that instead of creating all these little sub-projects why not create a
> 'httpd-extras' one.

First, I would suggest that we get the httpd-rollup (or somesuch) working
first (I suggested this last week), so that we can do rollup releases. Once
we have that framework in place, then something like -extras could make
sense.

But any use of repositories outside of httpd-2.0 is going to simply make our
existing rollup problem even worse.

Cheers,
-g

--