Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Shiva Kumar <sh...@pawaa.com> on 2015/05/27 09:10:14 UTC

How to get section columns width in word binary document

Hi,

I send so many mails for answers, I thought I get good response but I
disappointed, it's ok..

Please give solution to get the column width in the section of a document,
I'm using poi 3.11.

I tried below methods to get section properties and then get column width
but I just got null value.

wordDocument.getSectionTable().getSections().get(i).getSectionProperties().g
etDxaColumnWidth();

Thank You

Re: How to get section columns width in word binary document

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
I am sorry that you do not get as many answers as you would like,
unfortunately the Word format is not fully supported yet in POI and
not many people are actively working on it. Thus likely some of the
things that you are trying are simply not possible inside the
framework, but would require some extra work or changes.

If you happen to find out it would be nice if you can share your
findings so we can improve the support in the future. Ideally you can
report bug-reports with patches and unit-tests so we can improve POI
in this area somewhat.

Also the documentation at http://poi.apache.org/ try to give
information for the various areas and provide hints on how to
contribute.

Thanks... Dominik.