Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Aniruddha Shevade <as...@actuate.com> on 2001/07/13 00:24:49 UTC

RE: Problem building xerces-c-1_4 on AIX 4.3.2 using xlC_r - CSe tDefs.o not included in Link ?

Hello
  While building the xercec-c1_4 , I get the following error

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .stricmp
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .strnicmp

The have been defined in the util/compiler/CSetDefs.cpp file, whihc gets
included when
compiling under this configuration. I think what is happening
is that this file is not bening included during the linking stage.
The Makefile in the directory util/Compiler has the following
I do not find CSetDefs.o in the list of files being linked to create
the library. I foudn this by redirectign the standard output of gmake t a
file
Is there any change to be done for it to be included