Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Carmine Cristallo <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 15:37:07 UTC

JIRA components?

Hello!
I'm starting to think about what the component structure will look
like. In one of his previous postings, Steve suggested the following:

> Create  components in the Kato Jira instance. We have the following obvious areas - is this a reasonable split?
> - Test Compliance Kit.  Items under this component  would cover TCK development and issues arrising about  execution validity.
> - API specification - items here would cover user story creation, bugs in the spec and spec development
> - Reference Implementation  (nuf said)
> - Test Harness. The TCK is only one part of the test suite. What we are developing needs a complex test setup and execution environment - its big enough to need its own component

I would also suggest one component for each of the demo tools we will
create, although these may be created at a later stage, since the
tools boundaries are still far from being definite.

What do you think? I would like to call a vote on this list on Friday,
so please post your comments before then.

Thank you!

      Carmine