Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Judith NATAF <jn...@telisma.com> on 2001/09/13 19:28:08 UTC

error 404 with a GET request

I've just installed the jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3 web server.

hen I try to send my http GET request:

 GET http://localhost/index.vxml HTTP/1.0
 Accept: */*
 Connection: close

The tomcat web server answers : error 404

When I use Internet Explorer the url works and I get
the page I want.

Is there something missing in my request ?
Do I have missed to configure Tomcat with my proxy address for example ?

Thank you for your help.

Judith.

Re: error 404 with a GET request

Posted by David Wall <dw...@Yozons.com>.
>  GET http://localhost/index.vxml HTTP/1.0
>  Accept: */*
>  Connection: close
>
> The tomcat web server answers : error 404

The GET should not include the HTTP URL part.  You should connect to port 80
(the http:// part) of 'localhost''s IP address and do a get on just
'/index.vxml'

David

RE: error 404 with a GET request

Posted by Tony Vinayak <tv...@covalent.net>.
Are you using telnet to do the GET? If so, try something like:

telnet localhost 8080
GET /index.vxml HTTP/1.0
<Press ENTER>

- Tony