Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bu...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/12 12:50:07 UTC

Decommissioning Nodes in Production Cluster.

Hi Guys,

It's recommenced do with removing one the datanode in production cluster.
via Decommission the particular datanode. please guide me.

-Dhanasekaran,

Re: Decommissioning Nodes in Production Cluster.

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I would like to add another scenario. What are the steps for removing a
dead node when the server had a hard failure that is unrecoverable.

Thanks,
Ben

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sudhakara st <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM, Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>wrote:

> to do it, there should be some information he

this is best way to remove data node from a cluster. you have done the
right thing.........

∞
Shashwat Shriparv

Re: Decommissioning Nodes in Production Cluster.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Dhanasekaran,
I believe you are trying to ask if it is recommended to use the
decommissioning feature to remove datanodes from your cluster, the answer
would be yes.  As far as how to do it, there should be some information
here http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ that should help.

Regards,
Robert

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.