Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2009/10/06 06:49:44 UTC

[VOTE] [axis2] Release Axis2 1.5.1 (take 2)

Hi Axis Developers,

After fixing the documentation and a few other small issues since the last
attempt at 1.5.1, I think we're ready to try again.  I've also addressed the
"forced build of Axiom" issue with the CLOSE_WAIT fix - we now by default
clean up the last operation context each time we build a new one inside
ServiceClient.

While there may still be a few things we need to address (still waiting for
transports / Rampart / Sandesha for instance), I think it's important to get
this out ASAP since there were clearly some serious issues with 1.5 -
including the failed JavaDoc build and the persistent CLOSE_WAIT issues that
are fixed in 1.5.1.

As a reminder, fixes include:

    *  Fix for the dreaded "CLOSE_WAIT" problem (JIRA issues 935, 2883, etc).
We now share an instance of HTTPClient across each ConfigurationContext (i.e.
each Axis2 server or ServiceClient) - connection reuse is now automatic. This
means the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT flag is no longer necessary or useful, nor is
creating your own MultithreadedHttpConnectionManager.
    * Transport deployer is now actually functional, and getListenerManager()
in ConfigurationContext now creates a new LM if there isn't one already.
    * Fix for AXIS2-4034, module versions now support real versions like "1.5.1"
    * NPE problem (see AXIS2-4114) fixed in MessageContext while retrieving
policy.
    * Fix for JavaDoc build problem.

I'd like to kick off a VOTE for the release, with the usual 72-hour window
for votes.

You can find the distribution files in here:

http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo/org/apache/axis2/distribution/1.5.1/

And the M2 repository with everything is at:

http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo

The SVN tag is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/tags/java/v1.5.1RC2

...and I'll add a proper "v1.5.1" tag as soon as this release goes final.

Please offer your VOTE (and indicate binding/non-binding).

Here's my +1 (binding).

Many thanks,
--Glen

Re: [VOTE] [axis2] Release Axis2 1.5.1 (take 2)

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi all:

I'm currently seeing some build failures with Rampart and 1.5.1, which I'd
like to resolve before actually putting this out. :(

4350 does also seem pretty serious, and it's clearly a regression, so I'm
good with fixing that in 1.5.1 as well.

As such, I'm going to try and look into these items and re-spin the release
next week.  Argh.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
--Glen

Posted by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1 from me.

  ...ant

Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
07/10/2009 14:36
Please respond to
axis-dev@ws.apache.org

axis-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Axis Developers,
>
> After fixing the documentation and a few other small issues since the
last
> attempt at 1.5.1, I think we're ready to try again.  I've also addressed
the
> "forced build of Axiom" issue with the CLOSE_WAIT fix - we now by
default
> clean up the last operation context each time we build a new one inside
> ServiceClient.
>
> While there may still be a few things we need to address (still waiting
for
> transports / Rampart / Sandesha for instance), I think it's important to
get
> this out ASAP since there were clearly some serious issues with 1.5 -
> including the failed JavaDoc build and the persistent CLOSE_WAIT issues
that
> are fixed in 1.5.1.
>
> As a reminder, fixes include:
>
>     *  Fix for the dreaded "CLOSE_WAIT" problem (JIRA issues 935, 2883,
etc).
> We now share an instance of HTTPClient across each ConfigurationContext
(i.e.
> each Axis2 server or ServiceClient) - connection reuse is now automatic.
This
> means the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT flag is no longer necessary or useful, nor
is
> creating your own MultithreadedHttpConnectionManager.
>     * Transport deployer is now actually functional, and
getListenerManager()
> in ConfigurationContext now creates a new LM if there isn't one already.
>     * Fix for AXIS2-4034, module versions now support real versions like
"1.5.1"
>     * NPE problem (see AXIS2-4114) fixed in MessageContext while
retrieving
> policy.
>     * Fix for JavaDoc build problem.
>
> I'd like to kick off a VOTE for the release, with the usual 72-hour
window
> for votes.
>
> You can find the distribution files in here:

http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo/org/apache/axis2/distribution/1.5.1/

> And the M2 repository with everything is at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo
>
> The SVN tag is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/tags/java/v1.5.1RC2
>
> ...and I'll add a proper "v1.5.1" tag as soon as this release goes
final.

> Please offer your VOTE (and indicate binding/non-binding).
>
> Here's my +1 (binding).
>
> Many thanks,
> --Glen

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [VOTE] [axis2] Release Axis2 1.5.1 (take 2)

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Ping!  Please VOTE... or comment?

--G

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Andreas

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: [VOTE] [axis2] Release Axis2 1.5.1 (take 2)

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release.

Thanks
Deepal