Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michelle Phung <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/19 17:35:46 UTC

Diana Ying

Hey Diana

Sorry you are having trouble with our automated system. It’s not intentional, I promise.
I didn’t realize that you were trying to um unsubscribe 5 different times before bringing it up there was a problem.

Before that 5th email, we didn’t realize that there was a problem. But now that there is can you help us too? I think manually removing you might will take some time and if there is a problem with the emailing system, you could potentially help a lot of people in the same situation.

Can you
1.) send and email to  user-unsubscribe@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org> and
2.) click on the link inside the automated message

For example,

(** I put stars around the important part** )

> user@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org> mailing list.
>
> I'm working for my owner, who can be reached
> at user-owner@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>.

*v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v**v*v**v**v**v**v*v
> To confirm that you would like
>
>   michellephung@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>
> removed from the user mailing list, please send a short reply
> to this address:
>
>   user-uc.1484845562ab.eepknfkoaafnadlihomi12-michellephung=gmail.com@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

> Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
> If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
> the "To:" field of a new message.
>
> or click here:
> 	mailto:user-uc.1484845562ab.eepknfkoaafnadlihomi12-michellephung=gmail.com@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>
>
> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing list.
> To see what address you used to subscribe, look at the messages you are
> receiving from the mailing list. Each message has your address hidden
> inside its return path; for example, mary@xdd.ff.com <ma...@xdd.ff.com> receives messages
> with return path: <user-return-<number>-mary=xdd.ff.com@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>.

Once I send the reply to the first auto-message only then I get (another) confirmation email that actually takes me off the list.

Are you receiving the first automated email?
Does the second confirmation email not arrive?
Could it be that the emails are being forward from a different email and thats why it’s not working correctly?

I can try to track down the mailing list owner this weekend but it make take some time to get you off the list manually. This again is not intentional. We don’t want to keep you on the list if you don’t want to be on it, but to be fair, we have jobs during the day too that we have to go to and our emailing system is not perfect.

I think the email from Rich Bowen was not an automated email triggered by your email, he just sent it out at the exact time you were emailing, and it was just a coincidence. That may or may not be related to being subscribed to this list though, so getting off that list would start with getting off the CouchDB one.

I think manually removing you might will take some time and if there is a problem with the emailing system, you could potentially help a lot of people in the same situation if you could help us by tracking that down in the mean time.

- Michelle