Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Young C. Fan" <yf...@cornell.edu> on 2002/01/09 18:38:36 UTC

Problems using namespace in root element

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting Xalan to properly transform my XML
document when I have namespace information in the root element,
as below:

<List xmlns="http://localhost/List"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://localhost/List
                      http://localhost/List.xsd">
  <id>1</id>
  <name>Canoeing</name>
</List>

If I have just this...

<List>
  <id>1</id>
  <name>Canoeing</name>
</List>

...everything works perfectly.

Can someone suggest what to do? What if I want the namespace
information in the instance document but not actually validate the
document against the schema when I do the transform? How would
I do it?

Also, is it possible to validate against the schema before I do the
transform? If so, how would I do it?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Young