Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de> on 2012/05/09 11:29:57 UTC

buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux32-nightly

Hi,

I just finished a build on a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04 32-Bit
Linux.  Not a single build problem.  Even the linear programming solver
works.

I am a bit surprised (in a positive way) that it compiled so smoothly.
After all, the 32-Bit buildbot (which, I think, uses the same system)
has still to see its first successful build.

By the way, I used the default bfd linker (/usr/bin/ld -> ld.bfd)

Regards,
Andre

Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux32-nightly

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.
On 09.05.2012 18:24, Andrew Rist wrote:

> On 5/9/2012 2:29 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just finished a build on a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04 32-Bit
>> Linux. Not a single build problem. Even the linear programming solver
>> works.
>>
>> I am a bit surprised (in a positive way) that it compiled so smoothly.
>> After all, the 32-Bit buildbot (which, I think, uses the same system)
>> has still to see its first successful build.
>>
>> By the way, I used the default bfd linker (/usr/bin/ld -> ld.bfd)
> Can you provide a more thorough 'build recipe'?
>
> base OS - Ubuntu 12.04 32-Bit
> additional packages - ?
> additional perl modules - ?
> build script/commands - ?

I will try:

I used just the bare minimum of packages and perl modules to be able to
build AOO.  Well, maybe a synaptic here and an emacs there, but nothing
that should have much influence on the build.

I called configure like this:

./configure \
     --disable-odk \
     --disable-binfilter \
     --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk \

--with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
\
     --enable-category-b \
     --with-system-openssl \

--with-epm-url=http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/epm/3.7/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz \
     --disable-mozilla

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 5/9/2012 2:29 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just finished a build on a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04 32-Bit Linux.
>>  Not a single build problem.  Even the linear programming solver works.
>>
>> I am a bit surprised (in a positive way) that it compiled so smoothly.
>> After all, the 32-Bit buildbot (which, I think, uses the same system) has
>> still to see its first successful build.
>>
>> By the way, I used the default bfd linker (/usr/bin/ld -> ld.bfd)
>>
> Can you provide a more thorough 'build recipe'?
>
> base OS - Ubuntu 12.04 32-Bit
> additional packages - ?
> additional perl modules - ?
> build script/commands - ?
>

>> Regards,
>> Andre

I have a related question -- is there some way any of us can easily
determine what the "recipes" are? Options etc...I looked around months ago,
but couldn't figure it out. Could we post a page about this somewhere?
Thanks.

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux32-nightly

Posted by Andrew Rist <an...@oracle.com>.