Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stefano Mora <sm...@eos.pr.it> on 2011/10/31 11:26:30 UTC

Browsing folders and SVN

Hi all,
we'd like to build the following FS+SVN structure:

- Folder1 (physical folder)
-- Folder2 (physical folder = list of repos)
--- Folder3 (physical folder = repo)
---- Folder4 (svn folders/files)

Is it possible?
So far, I defined them but I have errors.
If I type 'svn list http://server:8080/folder1/folder2/' I recevice the error 'Redirect cycle detected' for URL ...
If I type 'svn list http://server:8080/folder1/folder2/folder3' I recevice the correct svn content.

We also like to browse the folders by the web browser but we cannot overlap the svn folder with a <Directory> declaration.
So I'm able to browse the http://server:8080/folder1/folder2/folder3 items but not the above ones.

How can I solve it?
Regards
----
Ing. Stefano Mora

Re: Browsing folders and SVN

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Stefano Mora,
am Montag, 31. Oktober 2011 um 11:26 schrieben Sie:

> If I type 'svn list http://server:8080/folder1/folder2/' I recevice
> the error 'Redirect cycle detected' for URL ...

This won't work because svn list can only list Subversion content,
which in this case isn't any. I think the error message comes because
of misconfigured Apache.

> We also like to browse the folders by the web browser but we cannot
> overlap the svn folder with a <Directory> declaration.
> So I'm able to browse the
> http://server:8080/folder1/folder2/folder3 items but not the above ones.

The contents of folder3 can only be accessed by the svn-plugin:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de

Telefon.............030-2 1001-310
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AG Hanover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

RE: Browsing folders and SVN

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

How do you want to serve your svn content?  I assume something like apache?  Then you would configure svn to serve 'folder2' as the SVNParentPath [1].  You would need to configure apache to expect 'folder1' as part of the path (in the <Location> directive), that would not be required by subversion.

Perhaps you could post the relevant bits of your apache config (if that is what you are using)?

~ mark c

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/488778/how-do-i-list-all-repositories-with-the-svnparentpath-directive-on-apachesvn