Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Cummings, Charles Steven (UMC-Student)" <st...@mizzou.edu> on 2002/08/28 22:13:45 UTC

Accessing request parameters and response return value within Handlers

Hi,

I've got a couple of handlers that extends BasicHandler. I understand that I can find out if I'm past the pivot, get the current message, and SOAP envelope. But what I'd like to do is get the arguments passed to the service method (if the handler is before the pivot) and the value returned to the SOAP client (if the handler is beyond the pivot). The objects OperationDesc and ParameterDesc only seem to provide me with types, not the current values. I'd like to be able to do this without picking apart the SOAP envelope element-by-element. Is there any way to do this? Thanks.

/S