Posted to users@flex.apache.org by sam991 <sa...@firmwisegroup.com> on 2014/04/15 11:06:05 UTC

How to play video from server in flex

Hi everyone,

Earlier i asked you all about playing video in iOS, which i could very well
from local files. Now, i have got some thing new for me to do. Now, i have
to play video from server in all (iOS, Android, and windows tab).

I got a way to play files through Adobe Media Server, and i downloaded Adobe
Media Server 5, but as i was not able to find any resource on how to use it,
i am not able to do anything with it.

Help me..!! Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to play video from server in flex

Posted by sam991 <sa...@firmwisegroup.com>.
Hey Tom,

my videos are recorded, and are placed on server.

Re: How to play video from server in flex

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 15/04/14 10:06, sam991 wrote:
> from local files. Now, i have got some thing new for me to do. Now, i have
> to play video from server in all (iOS, Android, and windows tab).

Unless this is live video, I'd suggest embedding the OSMF player :
http://osmf.org/developers.html

Tom

Re: How to play video from server in flex

Posted by sam991 <sa...@firmwisegroup.com>.
Tell me about any process which can be used to play video in any OS i.e.
(iOS, Android, and Windows)

Re: How to play video from server in flex

Posted by agm65 <ag...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

i think there are two ways, one is the progessive download like youtube
video and the other is streaming the videos with media server or what i
prefer red5 server.