Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elmerfudd <na...@012.net.il> on 2013/12/30 18:26:30 UTC

side logging requests

Hi all,
currently there are 2 things I want to accomplish.
I want that on demend Every doc (xml) that is sent to be indexed in solr
will be copied to a big log file (I want to control when to activate this
feature and when to deactivate)
same as for queries.
Also, I may need to manipulate the data before its written.

Is there any way achieving this without changing solr sourcecode? (So it
won't be affected by updates).

I thought of a possible way,
I posted before about making "transparent" request handler , is it possible
? If so, how?

thankkk you!

RE: side logging requests

Posted by Tim Potter <ti...@lucidworks.com>.
You can wire-in a custom UpdateRequestProcessor - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

Timothy Potter
Sr. Software Engineer, LucidWorks
www.lucidworks.com

Re: side logging requests

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
And a custom SearchComponent for the querying side of things: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SearchComponent

Or, you could put some logging proxy in between your client and Solr?   Or put something into the web container you're using that does what you need before requests hit Solr?   Several ways to get between your client and Solr.

	Erik