Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/03 17:51:44 UTC

Can we close ESME-175?

Hi,

Can we close the issue ESME-175 "IE7 doesn't work at all with new layout".

IE7 does by definition work with the new layout, it is lift specific coding which breaks the design.
So far to fix the IE7 issues I have had to do changes in the html files, not in the CSS.

I would like to suggest that everyone who works on the UI currently (and are on PCs or have access to one) uses IETester http://my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage to check which changes are breaking the layout. That way it will be easier to track down the culprit later.

/Anne

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
That did the trick.
But then we also lose the signup button from the layout and now only have a generic one. Is there a workaround?

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
I know - for some reason, the "%" impacts the ability to add attributes and
turns the submit into a normal one. I'll post a message tomorrow on the lift
list.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we should use http://www.debugbar.com/ to deal with these script
issues.

D.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Solved message problem in IE6 - all message attributes are now displayed.
Also fixed the CSS so that main message page isn't tweaked any more. I'll do
a check-in tomorrow.

There are are still some CSS problems with IE6 the for the timeline. The
message block is too wide and the actions links aren't placed correctly.

We are getting there ....

D.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
we need to find a workaround

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
I have the same problems locally. In all IE versions (6/7/8). It works locally and on stax with firefox.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Can we close ESME-175?

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.