Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by shrikant bang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/09 11:17:24 UTC

Passing Hive Client Configuration to HiveMetaStore

Hi Team,

       I have a use case where I need to pass GCS bucket credentials to
HiveMetaStore to get it authorized by StorageBasedAuthorizationProvider for
GCS bucket.

       I had debugged and understood that Hive CLI's configuration
(HiveConf -- populated from Hadoop Conf + hive-site.xml ) is not getting
passed to HiveMetaStore.

       Is there any way we can send custom properties (HiveConf) to
HiveMetaStore?

P.S. : I could start HiveMetaStore with GCS credentials (by adding in
core-site.xml) , but in my use case credentials supposed be send
dynamically.

Thank You,
Shrikant Bang