Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@apache.org on 2002/09/17 00:17:43 UTC

DAV failing on HEAD.

I am not sure why yet, but I upgraded my server to HEAD this morning, and
I can't serve Dav requests anymore.  I don't think much has changed
between the .41 pre-tags and HEAD, so we probably want to make sure that
DAV still works in .41.  I am debugging the HEAD problem as I have time.

Ryan

550 Jean St
Oakland CA 94610

Re: DAV failing on HEAD.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 06:17:43PM -0400, rbb@apache.org wrote:

> I am not sure why yet, but I upgraded my server to HEAD this morning, and
> I can't serve Dav requests anymore.  I don't think much has changed
> between the .41 pre-tags and HEAD, so we probably want to make sure that
> DAV still works in .41.  I am debugging the HEAD problem as I have time.

Hmm. I just went through the WebDAV Interop last week with a late-rev
2.0.41-dev and it was totally fine. (well, but a 403/409 issue)

For a nice testing proggie, check out: http://www.webdav.org/neon/litmus/.
That program is a must-have in anybody's arsenal for DAV testing.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: DAV failing on HEAD.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 06:48:51PM -0400, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Sander Striker wrote:

Note that cadaver has a debug mode to show req/response which may help.

I also remembered just now that I had problems with DAV support until I
cleaned and recompiled my CVS working directory. Something fell outta sync
and everything was just falling over. If you haven't cleaned lately, then do
that for safety.

Cheers,
-g

--