Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/08/06 00:54:50 UTC

Build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

David,

After recent commit to ATLAS-693, I see the following build failure in my local env. Can you please review and suggest what might cause this?

Thanks,

Madhan

[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]   The project org.apache.atlas:atlas-graphdb-common:0.8-incubator-SNAPSHOT (/Users/mneethiraj/Apache/git/incubator-atlas/graphdb/common/pom.xml) has 1 error

[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.apache.atlas:atlas-graphdb:pom:0.8-incubator-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 18, column 13 -> [Help 2]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

Re: Build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

Posted by Dave Kantor <dk...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Madhan,

I will follow up with Jeff Hagelberg about this issue, as he is the author
of all changes for ATLAS-693.  I have updated by own local environment with
latest changes from the trunk, and can build it without this error.  I have
also cloned a fresh source tree and can build it without this error.  I
also cloned a fresh tree and specified a different maven local repository
to force it to download all dependencies in to a fresh maven repo, and can
build it without error.  To help Jeff understand what might be going on in
your environment, please re-run your build with the -X option, redirect the
output to a file, and send that file to Jeff for further analysis.

Regards,
Dave

David Kantor
IBM Software Group
Phone: 978-899-2072 (T/L: 276-2072)
Email: dkantor@us.ibm.com

From:	Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>
To:	"dkantor@apache.org" <dk...@apache.org>
Cc:	"dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org"
            <de...@atlas.incubator.apache.org>
Date:	08/05/2016 08:54 PM
Subject:	Build error: Non-resolvable parent POM

David,

After recent commit to ATLAS-693, I see the following build failure in my
local env. Can you please review and suggest what might cause this?

Thanks,
Madhan

      [ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR]   The project
      org.apache.atlas:atlas-graphdb-common:0.8-incubator-SNAPSHOT
      (/Users/mneethiraj/Apache/git/incubator-atlas/graphdb/common/pom.xml)
      has 1 error
      [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
      org.apache.atlas:atlas-graphdb:pom:0.8-incubator-SNAPSHOT and
      'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 18, column 13
      -> [Help 2]
      [ERROR]
      [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with
      the -e switch.
      [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug
      logging.
      [ERROR]