Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Sanket Sharma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 23:37:23 UTC

Tapestry MyBatis module

Hi,

As part of my project, I have developed a small module that allows Tapestry
to work with Apache MyBatis.

This is a very simple module that allows users to:

-Load MyBatis configuration from an xml file (standard MyBatis way of doing
things)
-Allows them to inject MyBatis SQLSession and SQLSessionFactory as a
regular service (using @Inject or @InjectService annotations
-Allows them to inject MyBatis mappers into fields (components only!) and
parameters using a custom @MyBatisMapper annotation
-Also provides very primitive transaction support using @Transactional
annotations that take care of committing and rolling back transactions and
also closing SQLSession once the method is finished.

Now, I am not the greatest of developers and don't either take pride in my
knowledge of internals of Transaction Managers and threading issues etc.
Moreover, as I developed this as part of my own project, there might be lot
of issues that I have overlooked, as they were not required for my project.

Would love to receive feedback and guidance from all the gurus on improving
it further and fixing any issues.

Is there a guide to submitting code to the project? I can upload it to a
repository on git and share the link here?
Also, are there any guidelines regarding the unit test cases etc. that I
should be aware of before submitting my code?

Best Regards,
Sanket

Re: Tapestry MyBatis module

Posted by Sanket Sharma <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Ah good old iBatis, but do you mean MyBatis or Apache iBatis? I haven't
> followed things since the fork.

Haha...I meant MyBatis (https://github.com/mybatis/mybatis-3/releases)

I'm not sure what the current user base is like, but it one of my fav.
frameworks that I have used in my projects time and again.

> > Is there a guide to submitting code to the project? I can upload it to a
> > repository on git and share the link here?
> > Also, are there any guidelines regarding the unit test cases etc. that I
> > should be aware of before submitting my code?
> >

> Submitting to which project? Getting the code grant accepted to Apache
> Tapestry would be difficult and fairly pointless. Making the codebase
> available as a separate github repo would make plain common sense. The best
> way to get used to the Apache Tapestry coding guidelines and style is to
> examine the source code.

I meant the tapestry project - but you do have a point there. Will setup a
github repo after testing it a little bit more.

Thank you for the advice.

Best Regards,
Sanket

Re: Tapestry MyBatis module