Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/11/24 09:19:26 UTC

[Discuss] Stratos 4.1.0 Alpha Release Plan

Hi Devs,

This is to discuss the 4.1.0 Alpha release plan. Up to now we have marked
four developer preview milestones and currently working on following
features:

- Group scaling
- Dependent scaling
- OAuth support for REST API and Metadata service
- UI - Monitoring live application status
- UI - Interactive application creation tool
- Clustering features for Stratos core products
- Create proxy services for each port mapping (transport) in the cartridge
- Update installer according to new functionality
- Test automation framework
- Docker with service grouping

IMO we could discuss the status of each feature and then plan 4.1.0 alpha
release.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Stratos 4.1.0 Alpha Release Plan

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Great work Raj! Please update once you merge this modification to master
branch.

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Raj,
>
> As requested, I have added information on multiple network interfaces in
> [1].

Thanks Mari. Looks good.

Thanks.

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi all,

I am done with multiple network interfaces support. Once the master branch
is stable, I will be able to commit. I am going to do this weekend.

Please find the attached user guide for this feature.

I want Mari to include this guide in wiki.

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> +1 Will try to include both secure vault for agent and multiple network
> interfaces features.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>
>>> I guess we can include multiple network interfaces support as well.
>>>
>>> wdyt?
>>>

>> +1
>>

>>> Thanks.

>>> --
>>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>> Software Engineer, WSO2
>>>

>> --
>> Lakmal Warusawithana
>> Vice President, Apache Stratos
>> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
>> Mobile : +94714289692
>> Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
wrote:

> Hi Imesh,
>
> I guess we can include multiple network interfaces support as well.
>
> wdyt?

+1

Posted by Rajkumar Rajaratnam <ra...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chamila,

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com> wrote:

> I think we need to consider a way of encrypting the passwords (or any
> other sensitive information) in Cartridge Agent's config files.

+1. I'm not sure if we can use SecureVault with Python. But this is a good
suggestion. It is better if we can use SecureVault, to have a unified way
encrypting throughout Stratos.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: [Discuss] Stratos 4.1.0 Alpha Release Plan

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.