Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Siddharth Wagh <si...@altior.com> on 2012/03/01 17:25:45 UTC

Concatenating Traffic Servers

Hello all,

I am trying to concatenate two traffic servers (v 3.0.2) between a web client and a Apache web server by adding remap rules for forwarding requests.
Client <====> TS-1<====>TS-2<====>Server
The request from ApacheBench on the client is forwarded to TS-2 via the mapping rule, but TS-2 does not map it the same way and returns '404: Not found on Accelerator' header.

I have the following parameters set in records.config file so that the client request is forwarded as it is.
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

Mapping on TS-1 remap.config works:
map     http://192.168.20.171:8080/             http://192.168.20.136:8080/
                                (TS-1)                                                    (TS-2)
But, mapping on TS-2 remap.config doesn't:
map     http://192.168.20.136:8080/     http://192.168.30.134/
                                (TS-2)                                                    (Server)

When I use both traffic servers individually, there are no issues. Can anyone point out what I am missing here? I analyzed the records.config file, but couldn't locate a config change that could help me setup concatenated traffic servers.

Thanks,
Sid

RE: Concatenating Traffic Servers

Posted by Siddharth Wagh <si...@altior.com>.
Thanks Leif! Turning off the Via header has fixed it for now.

-          Sid

On 3/1/12 10:14 AM, Siddharth Wagh wrote:
I have been discussing offline and got the same input. But changing the rule has changed the error message to "400 Multi-Hop Cycle detected" instead of "404 Not Found.."

That's most likely due to a bug in the Via: header, it's fixed on trunk. Can you try 3.1.2 ? Or, turn off the Via: header maybe.

-- Leif

Re: Concatenating Traffic Servers

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siddharth Wagh <si...@altior.com>.
I have been discussing offline and got the same input. But changing the rule has changed the error message to "400 Multi-Hop Cycle detected" instead of "404 Not Found.."
I thought it was due to the fact that my client and both traffic servers were on the same subnet. I have now assigned separate subnet between every two machines, but I get the same result.

I will look up parent.proxy config.

Thanks,
Sid

On 3/1/12 9:25 AM, Siddharth Wagh wrote:
[...]

But, you have set the pristine_host_hdr to "1". Your second remap rule therefore must be

map http://192.168.20.171:8080/ http://192.168.30.134/

If you are planning on always forwarding up like this, use the parent.proxy configurations instead.

-- Leif

Re: Concatenating Traffic Servers

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.