Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mrfixit440 <mr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/25 17:15:44 UTC

embedded broker that can be used for local clients and remote clients

I have an embedded broker in tomcat that my webapp clients are connecting to
fine.  I would like some remote clients in another jvm be able to connect to
the embedded broker.  How do I set this up?  this worked for embedded
clients:

server.xml fragment:
 <Resource auth="Container"
              name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
              type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
              description="JMS Connection Factory"
              factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
              brokerURL="vm://localhost"
              brokerName="MyActiveMQBroker"
              useEmbeddedBroker="true"/>

This isn't working for remote clients, but my embedded clients still connect
using vm url(vm://localhost):

 <Resource auth="Container"
              name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
              type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
              description="JMS Connection Factory"
              factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
              brokerURL="vm:(broker:(tcp://localhost:61616))"
              brokerName="MyActiveMQBroker"
              useEmbeddedBroker="true"/>

My remote clients give this error:

Could not connect to broker URL: tcp://localhost:61616. Reason: