Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ramasubramanian <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 08:23:51 UTC

How to update a record in hbase

Hi,

Can we update a particular record in hbase? If we can pls help in sharing the command.

Regards,
Rams

Re: How to update a record in hbase

Posted by samar kumar <sa...@gmail.com>.
You can use the shell too
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Shell

Update is again a put. Incase of multiple version support the older values
could be retained.
Regards,
Samar

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Nothing is updated in place in HBase. All write operation create new versions.
Have a look at this: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#datamodel