Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Morris Kwan <mk...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/05/18 16:28:00 UTC

Picking up the new xml-apis.jar

Just a reminder for the JAXP 1.3 integration. The xml-apis.jar under
xml-xalan\java\bin was also updated. The new jar contains the APIs from
JAXP 1.3. Please remember to pick up this new xml-apis.jar by doing a 'cvs
update' on xml-xalan\java\bin, in case you want to build the source code
yourself. If you do not get the new xml-apis.jar, you will see a bunch of
build errors.

Regards,

Morris Kwan
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-3729
Email: mkwan@ca.ibm.com

Re: Picking up the new xml-apis.jar

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
xmlParserAPIs.jar was removed from the Xerces build over 11 months ago
[1]. It will not be shipped with Xerces 2.7.0.

Elliotte Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu> wrote on 05/21/2005 09:18:04 AM:

> Morris Kwan wrote:
> > Just a reminder for the JAXP 1.3 integration. The xml-apis.jar under
> > xml-xalan\java\bin was also updated. The new jar contains the APIs
from
> > JAXP 1.3. Please remember to pick up this new xml-apis.jar by doing a
'cvs
> > update' on xml-xalan\java\bin, in case you want to build the source
code
> > yourself. If you do not get the new xml-apis.jar, you will see a bunch
of
> > build errors.
>
> Has the decision been made then that xml-apis.jar will be used instead
> of xmlParserAPIs.jar? The last I remember hearing was the reverse. I
> could be wrong about that, but I'm hopeful that one way or the other
> Xerces 2.7 will stop shipping two jars that differ only in name.
>
> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo@metalab.unc.edu
> XML in a Nutshell 3rd Edition Just Published!
> http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian3/
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0596007647/cafeaulaitA/ref=nosim

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development