Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Mahebub Sayyed <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/08 07:48:45 UTC

How to define policy for trino-table-function?

ear Team,

We are using Trino version - 394 and Apache ranger version - 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

We are facing access denied issues while accessing trino-table-function.
Kindly let us know, how can we define ranger policy to allow users to use
Trino-table-function?

Trino-table-function query example:

*SELECT * FROM TABLE(mysql.system.query(query => 'SELECT * from
myschema.table1'));*

Regards,

Mahebub Sayyed

Re: How to define policy for trino-table-function?

Posted by Aakash Nand <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mahebub,

Trino table functions were added to trino very recently so there is still
ongoing development regarding that feature and the trino plugin which is
available on the official ranger repository will not support table function
until the next release.

I recommend you to join the trino community slack for more trino-relevant
questions like this: https://trino.io/community.html

The error you are getting is already discussed in the trino community slack
here <https://trinodb.slack.com/archives/CGB0QHWSW/p1655456620535959> and
there is ongoing PR that will resolve that issue here
<https://github.com/trinodb/trino/issues/12833> by which you might be able
to execute such queries.

Regards,
Aakash