Posted to users@camel.apache.org by borgel <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 15:49:42 UTC

Example pom

Hi,

I downloaded Camel and tried out the examples. I get an error when running
the examples.
When I try 'mvn exec:java' in the camel-example-jms-file I receive:

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.camel
ArtifactId: camel-parent
Version: 1.0.0

I looked at what i thought should be the parent pom (the pom file in the
examples directory), but this file refers to the same parent:

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
    <artifactId>camel-parent</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
  </parent>

  <artifactId>examples</artifactId>
  <name>Camel :: Examples</name>
  <description>Camel Examples</description>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>

Is this right?

Re: Example pom

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/27/07, borgel <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great. Now it works! :)
> For the spring example I had to add
> http://people.apache.org/~chirino/apache-camel-1.0.0-RC2/maven2/ to the
> pluginRepository, in settings.xml, and specify version 1.0.0 of the plugin
> in pom.xml.

Yeah, sorry about that. The sooner 1.0.0 is out the better! :)

> Thank you for your help and quick answers!

You're welcome! :)

--
James
-------

Re: Example pom

Posted by borgel <bo...@gmail.com>.
Great. Now it works! :)

Re: Example pom

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Example pom

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/26/07, borgel <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you.
> Now everything was downloaded, but I receive an error:
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> constituent[0]: file:/C:/Program
> Files/maven-2.0.6/bin/../lib/maven-core-2.0.6-uber.jar
> java.lang.NullPointerException

Damn! :)

Will investigate further...

> I am doing a PoC on Camel, but perhaps it's better to wait for version
> 1.0.0?

BTW the easiest approach currently, is to grab the source code...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/source.html

then building it
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/building.html

then try using the examples
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/running-examples.html

e.g. these commands should get you going quickly...

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/camel/trunk camel
cd camel
mvn clean install
cd examples//camel-example-jms-file
mvn exec:java

or to run the spring example
cd ../camel-example-spring
mvn camel:run

--
James
-------

Re: Example pom

Posted by borgel <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.
Now everything was downloaded, but I receive an error:
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
constituent[0]: file:/C:/Program
Files/maven-2.0.6/bin/../lib/maven-core-2.0.6-uber.jar
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.usability.MojoExecutionExceptionDiagnoser.diagnose(MojoExecutionExceptionDiagnoser.java:64)
        at
org.apache.maven.usability.diagnostics.ErrorDiagnostics.diagnose(ErrorDiagnostics.java:84)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.logDiagnostics(DefaultMaven.java:711)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.logError(DefaultMaven.java:656)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:131)
        at
        at
        at
        at

Re: Example pom

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/26/07, borgel <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded Camel and tried out the examples. I get an error when running
> the examples.
> When I try 'mvn exec:java' in the camel-example-jms-file I receive:

Sorry about that!

> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: org.apache.camel
> ArtifactId: camel-parent
> Version: 1.0.0

> I looked at what i thought should be the parent pom (the pom file in the
> examples directory), but this file refers to the same parent:
>
>   <parent>
>     <groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
>     <artifactId>camel-parent</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0</version>
>   </parent>
>
>   <artifactId>examples</artifactId>
>   <name>Camel :: Examples</name>
>   <description>Camel Examples</description>
>   <packaging>pom</packaging>
>

> Is this right?

Yeah - its right. The main issue is we've not yet released 1.0.0 so
its not quite yet in a downloadable repository unfortunately.