Posted to cvs@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2018/09/04 17:30:48 UTC

[Incubator Wiki] Update of "September2018" by SiddharthAnand

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "September2018" page has been changed by SiddharthAnand:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2018?action=diff&rev1=40&rev2=41

Comment:
Added Airflow updates

  --------------------
  Airflow

- Airflow is a workflow automation and scheduling system that can be used to
+ Airflow is a workflow automation and scheduling system that can be used to author and manage data pipelines.
- author and manage data pipelines.

  Airflow has been incubating since 2016-03-31.

-   1.
+   1.Once we make a release with the licensing fix we will move forward with graduation.
    2.
    3.

- aware of?
+ aware of? None

-
-
- How has the community developed since the last report?
-
-
-
- How has the project developed since the last report?
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
+ 1. Since our last podling report 1 month ago (i.e. between August 5 & September 4, inclusive), we grew our contributors from 512 to 548 (36 new contributors)
+ 2. Since our last podling report 1 month ago (i.e. between August 5 & September 4, inclusive), we resolved 129 pull requests (currently at 2963 closed PRs)
+ 3. Since being accepted into the incubator, the number of companies officially
+    using Apache Airflow has risen from 30 to 193, 10 new from the last podling report 1 month ago.

+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+ See above : 129 PRs resolved, 36 new contributors, & 10 new companies  officially using it. We also released 1.10.0, our 4th Apache Release while in the incubator as seen on https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow/#history

  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -168, +167 @@

    [ ] Initial setup
    [ ] Working towards first release
    [ ] Community building
-   [ ] Nearing graduation
+   [x] Nearing graduation
    [ ] Other:

  Date of last release:

-   XXXX-XX-XX
+   2018-08-27

  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
+ Kaxil Naik on May 7 & Tao Feng on Aug 3

@@ -326, +326 @@

    * None

-
+
    * A twitter account "@ApacheCrail" was recently created

@@ -794, +794 @@

-   * Preparing the second Apache release, v0.5.2. Release voting will start
+   * Preparing the second Apache release, v0.5.2. Release voting will start
    in Sept, 2018.
      https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+HIVEMALL+AND+fixVersi
  on+%3D+0.5.2

-   Since the last report, we have
+   Since the last report, we have
-    * In the last 3 months, we opened 11 JIRA issues and closed 7 JIRA
+    * In the last 3 months, we opened 11 JIRA issues and closed 7 JIRA
     issues as seen in https://goo.gl/QFQEF5 (as of Sept 3)
                          Created   Resolved
-             June 2018 	  4 	    3
+             June 2018 	  4 	    3
              July 2018     1         1
               Aug 2018     6         3
-    * Created 9 Pull Requests and closed 10 Pull Requests between June 1st
+    * Created 9 Pull Requests and closed 10 Pull Requests between June 1st
      and Aug 31th.
       https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/pulls?q=is%3Apr%20created%3A201
  8-06-01..2018-08-31
@@ -900, +900 @@

- Myriad enables co-existence of Apache Hadoop YARN and Apache Mesos
+ Myriad enables co-existence of Apache Hadoop YARN and Apache Mesos
- together on the same cluster and allows dynamic resource allocations
+ together on the same cluster and allows dynamic resource allocations
- across both Hadoop and other applications running on the same physical
+ across both Hadoop and other applications running on the same physical
  data center infrastructure.

  Myriad has been incubating since 2015-03-01.
@@ -910, +910 @@

    * Grow the community and enroll new committers.
-   * Have (more) frequent Release cycles to be compliant with the Apache Way.
+   * Have (more) frequent Release cycles to be compliant with the Apache Way.
    * Creating roadmaps for releases with goals (new features).
    * Social media presence (new blog entries, conference talks).
    * Unblock the issue [MYRIAD-264] Upgrade Mesos API to 1.5.x

  Any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?:

- This Poddlig is one of the listed at IPMC list thread
+ This Poddlig is one of the listed at IPMC list thread
- “Poddlings length of time in the incubator”. This Poddling was stalled
+ “Poddlings length of time in the incubator”. This Poddling was stalled
- for about two years, however the current new PPMCs have the hope of
+ for about two years, however the current new PPMCs have the hope of
- increasing the community unlocking the main issue we are facing. We
+ increasing the community unlocking the main issue we are facing. We
- have had low dev-mailing list activity the pass months, nevertheless
+ have had low dev-mailing list activity the pass months, nevertheless
  we are working for unlocking our main issue.

  How has the community developed since the last report:
@@ -989, +989 @@

    * Committers actively sent PRs and did code reviews
    * Committers actively involved in mailing lists
-   * Getting contributors including a GSoC student
+   * Getting contributors including a GSoC student

    * Made great progress in every aspect of the project
-   * Working on the first release Almost done with the features to be included in
+   * Working on the first release Almost done with the features to be included in
      the first release
    * Solidified runtime by refactoring how to handle
      tasks, stages, and jobs, and scheduling policies
    * Rule-based policy support in the compiler
    * Composition of passes
-   * Added Multiple DAG submission support in a user
+   * Added Multiple DAG submission support in a user
      program
-   * Added Beam 2.6, Beam SQL support
+   * Added Beam 2.6, Beam SQL support
    * Spark RDD caching support
    * Task cloning support
    * Intermediate data locality aware scheduling
-   * Added a WebUI (contributed by a GSoC student),
+   * Added a WebUI (contributed by a GSoC student),
-     which we will polish
+     which we will polish

  How would you assess the podling's maturity?
  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1180, +1180 @@

  aware of?

  Pony Mail is in a bit of a slumber at the moment, with the principal
- people being busy elsewhere. This is not to say that oversight isn't
+ people being busy elsewhere. This is not to say that oversight isn't
  happening, but that the development pace has slowed significantly.
  We hope this picks up in the foreseeable future.

@@ -1527, +1527 @@

    1. Build and collect the information about the user community
    2. Release V2.0
-
+
  aware of?

@@ -1538, +1538 @@

    Two new contributors since the last report.

-
+
    The development was focusing on the autograd feature [SINGA-371, 382-385, 387-389, etc.], which is almost done.
    Every layer operation of Singa now supports autograd.
    There are 24, 56 and 26 emails in the mailing list for June, July and August respectively.
    There are 80 commits since last report.
-
- How would you assess the podling's maturity?

+ How would you assess the podling's maturity?
+
-   Singa has a diverse developer community.
+   Singa has a diverse developer community.
    We need to collect the user community information and encourage open discussion on the mailing list.

  Please feel free to add your own commentary.
@@ -1608, +1608 @@

    Another release is on going, 5.0.0-RC

-
+
    1. .NetCore agent goes well, as a community agent implementation, have received it is being used in product env.
    2. Node.js agent supports `egg` framework, releases the new version.
    3. More than 35 companies have confirmed they are using SkyWalking through issue report or our powered-by page.
@@ -1634, +1634 @@

  Date of last release:

    beta2 12 Jul 2018
-   RC(voting)  30 Aug 2018
+   RC(voting)  30 Aug 2018

  When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

@@ -1837, +1837 @@

  aware of?

    INFRA-16698 is pending comments from Daniel Gruno / IPMC on how
-   to manage incubator repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org that have
+   to manage incubator repositories on git-wip-us.apache.org that have
    been retired (in our case transferred to another GitHub organizations).
-   The suggestion is to do a "git rm" and leave a README on the head commit
+   The suggestion is to do a "git rm" and leave a README on the head commit
    pointing to the new location.

-   See also
+   See also
  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/b4672999838a64a1883407f0c827d7d40fdef13f2424fa5465e944c3@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

-   2 Google Summer of Code students have been active over the summer with
+   2 Google Summer of Code students have been active over the summer with
-   strong guidance from mentors and getting pull requests merged.
+   strong guidance from mentors and getting pull requests merged.

-   However the rest of the community has been very quiet and not
+   However the rest of the community has been very quiet and not
    commented much on the GSOC progress or pull requests.

@@ -1860, +1860 @@

    Good progress from GSOC students, which code bases are now
    due a new release to include their changes.

-   Two legacy git repositories were retired to not go through
+   Two legacy git repositories were retired to not go through
    graduation (INFRA-16698).

    There is not much outstanding towards graduation, except
-   re-engaging the PMC members.
+   re-engaging the PMC members.

-   We will have to admit we are a slow project, which is
+   We will have to admit we are a slow project, which is
-   OK (many Apache projects are), yet still there seems
+   OK (many Apache projects are), yet still there seems
-   to be some kind of incubator fatigue - for
+   to be some kind of incubator fatigue - for
-   instance no-one else picked up the job of doing this
+   instance no-one else picked up the job of doing this
    report although prompted to do so by a mentor.

@@ -1900, +1900 @@

    [ ](taverna) Marlon Pierce
       Comments:
    [x](taverna) Stian Soiland-Reyes
-      Comments:
+      Comments:
-      GSOC activity may have taken focus from work
+      GSOC activity may have taken focus from work
       towards graduation in this period.
    [ ](taverna) Suresh Marru
       Comments: