Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2010/01/25 10:19:42 UTC

How to change content in ModalWindow

Searching Nable shows this question has been asked before but there none
of the solutions proposed there work for me.

I have a link in PanelA that, when clicked, should cause PanelB to
display in the same ModalWindow (PanelB replaced PanelA).

The onClick event handler does something like the following:

    add
    (
        new AjaxLink("selectionLink")
        {
            public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
            {
                PanelB panelB = new
                    PanelB(modalContentWindow.getContentId());

  		    modalContentWindow.setContent(panelB);
		    modalContentWindow.setTitle("Hi, I'm PanelB");
		    target.addComponent(panelB);
            }
        }
    );

When the link is pressed the panel A content disappears (popup content
goes blank) but the panel B content does not appear.

Should this work or have I missed something?

RE: How to change content in ModalWindow

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
No I couldn't manage to get it working so I tried a completely different
approach. I ended up putting both the 'log in' and the 'create account'
panels in the same modal window using a TabbedPanel... at least it works
that way ;)

Chris

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
In my case, I do activate the modalWindow doing,

modalWindow.show

but It seems to have the same problem.

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Re: How to change content in ModalWindow - minor success!

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Actually no, we did not use setContent but we used
modalWindow.replace(newContent);

**
Martin

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
I ended up creating an AjaxTabbedPanel inside the modal and let the
users switch between "Sign in" and "Create account" by choosing the
appropriate tab.

It actually a fairly reasonable solution.

I had tried the modalWindow.replace(newContent); idea but that didn't
work either for some reason.

Right

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
For this to work can I use Panels for the Modal content or do I need to

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Olivier Bourgeois <ol...@gmail.com>.
Aren't you missing a :