Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/08/02 06:08:57 UTC

Client crashes with both transports

I have been working on the LibWWW trasport to ensure thread safety.

I was able to get my updates working with the cvs checkout I got on 27th.
However, when I tried the same with the latest cvs this morning, I saw the client was crashing.

The point of crash is
 0x40153185 in LibWWWTransport::sendBytes(char const*, void const*) (this=0x8059be8,
    pcSendBuffer=0x4007a0e0 "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>", pBufferid=0x8059b98) at
LibWWWTransport.cpp:133

where it calls:
m_pReleaseBufferCallback(pcSendBuffer, pBufferid);

I tested the client with Axis trasport as well, that too fails to work.

I doubt the latest changes to SoapSerializer class would have caused the problems.
I am desperate to finish off the LibWWW related work. But this bug is a bloker.
Please help fix this.

Thanks,
Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Client crashes with both transports

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
OK, I found the solution:
SoapSerializer::releaseBufferCallBack has been removed from the serializer.
Hence it makes no sence to use m_pReleaseBufferCallback anymore.

(Yes I remeber that I saw a email thread on removal of buffering: Cool)

Now I have a question, who should (or does) delete the passed pointer to sendBytes?

Also, would it be not nice to update all the codes when applying a patch? (Or at lease use
depricate option in place; please)

PS: I did not touch the serializer code to fix this rather only the LibWWW trasport code.
I cannot still get the other trasport (axis transport i.e.) working.

Thanks,
Samisa...