Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2004/09/10 02:02:39 UTC

USER_IN_BLACKLIST

I got a spam that scored 100 for this:

* 100 USER_IN_BLACKLIST From: address is in the user's black-list

But I don't have any blacklist to my knowledge.  I do site-wide filtering,
and the mail was for me.  Explanations?  Tnx - John

Re: USER_IN_BLACKLIST

Posted by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com>.
Matt Kettler said:
> At 07:02 PM 9/9/2004 -0500, John Fleming wrote:
>>I got a spam that scored 100 for this:
>>
>>* 100 USER_IN_BLACKLIST From: address is in the user's black-list
>>
>>But I don't have any blacklist to my knowledge.  I do site-wide
>> filtering,
>>and the mail was for me.  Explanations?  Tnx - John
>
> Clearly that's the result of a blacklist_from entry, nothing automated
> like
> the AWL.
>
> Check all the locations where blacklist entries might be:
>
>          grep blacklist /usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf
>          grep blacklist /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
>          grep blacklist ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs
>
> (note: your paths might differ slightly, check the first few lines of
> spamassassin -D --lint to check what paths it's reading)

OK, I hadn't manually blacklisted anything, but of course, my rulesets
had!  Thanks Matt

(I'm close to getting SpamCopURI going now, but having trouble
finding/getting PerlMsgSstatus.pm.  I'll post later about this when I
can formulate a decent question!)  - John

Re: USER_IN_BLACKLIST

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.