Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Veselin Terzic <ve...@systems.dhl.com> on 2002/12/11 20:44:47 UTC

[users@httpd] apache-2.0.42 mod_cache fails to observe "no-cache" header

Dear Apache users,

Platform: Linux Red Hat 7.2, apache 2.0.42 with mod_proxy and mod_cache.

Apache server is acting as a reverse proxy using ProxyPass and
ProxyPassRevers.
Caching is also active using mod_cache.

I have a situation where apache caches a document that has "Pragma:
no-cache".
I have read the rfc2616 and 2109 and looks like word "SHOULD" is used
instead of MUST for this particular directive.
It is not clear under what circumstances mod_cache will store a document in
local cache and when it wouldn't?!
Looks to me like some documents with "Pragma: no-cache" are not cached, but
some others are?!
Does this depend on the doc type or some other headers? I have noticed that
my offending document was a "301" redirection.

Here is the doc header as it was stored in apache cache:

Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:59:39 GMT^M
Pragma: No-cache^M
Location: /myhome^M
Via: 1.1 www.foo.com^M
^M
301^M
301 Unknown reason
^M

Thanks
--veselin

Re: [users@httpd] apache-2.0.42 mod_cache fails to observe "no-cache" header

Posted by Leo Przybylski <le...@engr.arizona.edu>.
I am having an issue with Set-Cookie with mod_proxy where only one
Set-Cookie header is sent to my client from the proxying apache even
though the actual Apache sends more if accessed directly.

Would this issue with caching pertain to me or the issue I am having at
all?

-Leo