Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2006/02/01 19:12:45 UTC

Re: R: R: Proxy ssl problem

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 16:00 +0100, MENNO ANGELO (Esterno) wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
> i followed your directive about traffic analyzer (I used Packetyzer), confronting httpClient and browsers behaviors.
>
> On http everything seems to be ok.
> On https connections, Packetyzer gives me just the connect-to-proxy phase in clear mode (others packets are encrypted).
> This phase have three steps, CONNECT, NEGOTIATE, AUTH (all from Local to Proxy).
>
> The last one gives me some interesting informations on proxy authorization.
> The differences are that with httpClient :
> - "NTLM Response" value is "Empty"
> - Flag "Negotiate 56" value is "Not set"
> - Flag "Negotiate 128" value is "Not set"
> - Flag "Negotiate 0x02000000" value is "Not set"
> - Flag "Negotiate NTLM2 key" value is "Not set"
> - Flag "Negotiate Always Sign" value is "Not set"
> - Flag "Negotiate This is Local Call" value is "Set"
> - Flag "Negotiate Domain Supplied" value is "Set"
> - Flag "Negotiate OEM" value is "Set"
> - Flag "Negotiate UNICODE" value is "Not set"
>
> Can be this the heart of my problem?

No, it can not. As far as I understand the real problem is about
authentication with the target site and not about authentication with
the proxy.

Then you are left with only one option. Get a plug-in for your browser
that can reveal what HTTP packets the browser receives and sends. Log in
into the site using the browser, capture all the packets transmitted
over the wire and simulate the same session using HttpClient

Oleg